This is just a short post to all Kpopalypse readers, to say thank you for 2021!
The year 2021 wasn’t really much more fun than 2020 for most readers, with the ongoing pandemic still making its presence felt around the world, messing with the lives of almost everyone in generally negative ways. It wasn’t much fun for Kpopalypse either, I had a very busy, very stressful year due to the pandemic interfering with a bunch of my music-related work, and simultaneously making my non-music-related work take off like a rocket to the point where I had little time to do anything else.
The year has naturally therefore been challenging for me from a perspective of finding time to make posts. As a result I’ve mostly kept the lower frequency of posts from 2020 continuing throughout 2021, as the alternative would be to offer lower quality postings, which I’m not comfortable with (and some people would argue the quality is already low enough!) The lack of time has become so extreme that I actually took time off at the end of this year purely to unwind from work and prepare content, as I wouldn’t have been able to get a lot of the end of year posts done otherwise! Apologies to those of you who are waiting for certain other postings, I will hopefully get there in time!
Apart from these issues, Kpopalypse has been moving along as normal (just slower) and providing lots of different things for you to hopefully enjoy. Traffic to the site hasn’t been very big this year, but that’s fine – while it would be a simple matter to increase the amount of readers by posting clickbait content, or massively promoting myself on other sites, it’s never been a desire of mine to be popular, and it’s not why I write. This website exists for my own personal amusement, and for the people who get something out of it to enjoy, it doesn’t exist to “farm engagement” or “build a community” like so much web content out there in the 2020s – this is a site for YOU, to enjoy (or not) and hopefully enhance your life in some way, while also enjoying k-pop (or not, as the case may be – a surprisingly large percentage of my readers don’t follow or care about k-pop at all).
Here’s what you can expect in 2022:
- Roundups will continue as normal, the first one for 2022 will be published on 10th January.
- You’ll also continue to get other random posts about various things in the k-pop world.
- Nugu Alert will resume sometime in 2022.
- Weekly Twitch livestreams will continue, the next one will be on the 31st December (my time) when I reveal and discuss the top and bottom 30 songs of the year! Click here for a countdown if you need it.
- QRIMOLE will continue to be posted at or near the start of each month for long questions. However Ask.fm/Curious Cat for quick questions is no longer a thing. I may look for something to replace it for people wanting to ask quick anonymous questions. I was thinking of using a forum membership for this, although I’m not sure which one would willingly host my unfiltered answers – probably none of them. I might have to think of something else, but I don’t know what that would look like at this stage.
- All the usual semi-regular content will still be a thing.
- There might be something new… maybe.
- I will probably find a way to annoy even more k-pop fans. Not deliberately – it just seems to be a side-effect of all the other things.
I’d just like to finish up by saying a big THANK YOU to everyone who visits this site! Whether you’re a regular reader who looks at each new post, or someone who only checks in once a week, once a month, once a year, or someone who turns up only when some annoying person links one of my crappy articles so you can then sneer on your social network of choice about how terrible I am, I definitely appreciate the support from all of you! Extra special thanks to the readers who have chosen to support this site via Patreon, I don’t list Patreon supporters publicly in order to protect their privacy, but your monetary support (even if small) is very motivational and keeps me keen to make content for you, it also allows me to produce different types of content, as well as keep this site 100% advertisement-free! Thanks to all of you, and expect more postings fondly in 2022!