Introducing the Kpopalypse boycott tracker! Which sites are currently boycotted by Kpopalypse and why? Find out more here!
It is well known that there is a general lack of quality and integrity in almost all websites that focus on Korean pop. As a result of this quality deficit, from time to time, Kpopalypse may consider certain Korean pop focused websites to be of such low quality that they become unworthy of direction of web traffic, promotion or direct discussion. As many k-pop websites are so well known to be complete rubbish to greater or lesser degrees, the earning of a Kpopalypse boycott is therefore a rare mark reserved for only the most extreme offenders in the kpoposphere.
Standard time period of Kpopalypse boycott = 72 months.
During this time:
- The boycotted site will not be linked to from kpopalypse.com in any posts published for the duration of the boycott period
- The boycotted site will be assigned a different name or names by Kpopalypse and referred to as these different name/s
- Comments referring to the boycotted site that refer to it by its original name instead of the new assigned name/s will be auto-moderated/edited to suit
- Readers will be encouraged not to visit the boycotted site under any circumstances
At the end of the 72 month boycott period, a site under boycott will undergo an exhaustive performance review upon which the site will be assessed and the site’s quality will be evaluated. It will then be determined if the boycott is to be lifted or extended.
As Kpopalypse is kind and forgiving of heart, sites under boycott can skip through their boycott period straight to the performance review period ahead of the scheduled time by undertaking both of the following actions:
- sincerely apologising either in public to their site followers or personally to Kpopalypse for their actions (see “about” for contact details)
- promising to either embark on a self-imposed period of deep reflection, or to return with a more improved image of themselves
Crimes against kpop:
- Publishing exclusive revenge porn photographs of Ailee, and gleefully speculating about Ailee’s career downfall during this time
- Deleting Asteroids (and with it, Kpopalypse’s record-breaking Asteroids high score) from their forum during a forum upgrade
Assigned name/s given to this site during the boycott period: The Great Satan, The Website That Should Not Be, The Website That Dare Not Speak Its Name
Boycott commenced: 14th November 2013
Site eligible for performance review: 14th November 2019
Crimes against kpop:
- Popularisation and dissemination of the false T-ara “bullying” rumours as well as the cancerous trend of caring about netizen comments
- Extensively biased anti T-ara editorialisation in articles and article titles, clearly reveling in T-ara’s misfortune
- Refusal to apologise and reflect on the above, still has to be dragged kicking and screaming to translate any actual trufax regarding T-ara
Assigned name/s given to this site during the boycott period: Shampoobuzz, Snakebuzz, Netizenbully, Netizenbullshit
In addition: Hwayoung and Hyoyoung will be referred to as “snake” and the “snake twins” only
Boycott commenced: 19th May 2018
Site eligible for performance review: 19th May 2024
This post will be updated as more sites are added to the list, or with the results of any performance review. Thank you for reading!